“We are a group of local Melburnians who work, live and breathe architecture and design in this city. Keen to share the knowledge and generate discussion about the built environment, we invite you on a walking tour with us to learn about Melbourne’s evolution through its building fabric. Come and join us for one of three tours, followed by a caffeine pitstop or beer at the bar to dissect the good and the bad about the city and its architecture.”
Sydney-based association – Sydney walks, talks, and harbour cruises.
A great new venture for Brisbane – architecture tours every Saturday morning.
“guiding architects is an international network for architectural guided tours.” All tour leaders have a background in architecture. The network is worldwide, but mostly European.
Tokyo, Kyoto & Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture Tour
April 2013 Japan Architecture Tour
“Are you interested in Architecture, Art & Design?
Are you planning an overseas trip?
Have you ever wanted to visit Japan?
Why don’t you book a place on the next Japan Architecture Tour?
Enjoy some interesting architecture, great art, delicious food and and
The tour will spend 6 nights in Tokyo and 4 nights in Kyoto.
• See some great contemporary architecture including works of Toyo Ito, SANAA, Tadao Ando;
• See some DOCOMOMO and Modern Architectural classics;
• Visit the National Museum of Western Art by Le Corbusier;
• Visit historic and traditional Japanese houses and buildings;
• See great architecture and art exhibitions;
• Visit Church of Light by Tadao Ando;
• Visit Jiyu Gakuen School, Yamamura House & Imperial Hotel by Frank Lloyd Wright;
• Visit historic Temples and Shrines in Kyoto;
• Meet Japanese architects;
• Meet new Japanese friends;
• Enjoy the fabulous Japanese food and wonderful Japanese culture.
The original Sydney Walks. Dreamt up by local Eoghan Lewis in 2000 and ably implemented (in 2012) by himself, Simeon King, Hugo Moline, and Reonald Westerdijk. Now on bicycles too!
Starting in 2013, Uptown Melbourne is a regular series of walking tours with an architectural bent. Run by Kieran McKernan (architect) and Adam Gardner (set designer).