This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Sustainable Architecture as A New Language

Anonymous
edited March 2005 in architecture
Is it inevitable that environmentallr responsible design will similarly inform a fresh architectural language for the twentieth Century?

I have been gven the fllowing question for an essay as undergraduate, could you please give me any information or advice??

Thank you

Comments

• Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    More info please:

similar to what?

20th century? I thought we'd just finished that.
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    Sorry i meant twenty first century..

I jusw wantweed to know peoples opinions on;

Will sustainable architecture become a new movement in twent-first century.. or is it just a phase?
  • mark_melb
    edited January 1970
    Just a phrase in Australia. With sprawl and car use untamed and planners and regulators too weak, the actual Architecture is onlt the smallest fraction of the 'eco' solution.
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    wow...how amazing...i have been set the same question too!!! :D

if your deadline happens to be on monday too this is probably all a bit late but personally i think a new orthodoxy is appearing but not through concious design, more through a vernacular development that occurs when new technologies must be somehow intergrated into buildings. architecture can no longer responsibly be of the 'cookie cutter' variety that is not climatically responsive. anyhow, hope you get it finished in time as i know i'm cutting it a bit fine. good luck!!