This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Architecture Student Seeking Part/Full Time Drafting Job

ljg00
edited July 2006 in notices
Hi,

My name is Lilane Gharib and I have recently relocated to Australia from Lebanon. I have completed 3 years of Bachelor studies in architecture.

I am looking for a drafting full/part-time job in Sydney. I have excellent AutoCAD and Photoshop skills, and recently trained in ArchiCAD 10 at Graphisoft.

If anyone can help me and guide me on where to start my search, I would be greatfull.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• peter_j
    edited January 1970
    From observation and experience, the easier way to get work as a student is to ask tutors that you get on with if they know any office that might need assistance (ie theirs). Cold-calling offices over the phone is unlikely to net much. Sending a well-designed folio to practices you like, with a cover letter saying why you like that practice in particular, and following up with a phonecall or two is another way in.