This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

New Zealand Universities?

ron mcbeth
edited October 2006 in Q and A
Opinions sought on Architecture Schools...........the good, the bad, the ugly?

Comments

• peter_j
    edited January 1970
    I went through Auckland in the early 90s and thought it was great - they had a varied curriculum, some fine lecturers and tutors, and a leaning towards theory - taught in a stimulating rather than obfuscating way. Well that was my take anyway. I think the school had a slight ruction in the late 90s as it shifted away from theory and towards technology, under a new dean. Many of the staff and tutors surfaced soon after at Unitec, a new university that sounded like a drug company. This architectural faculty was retrofitted into a victorian asylum.

Don't know much about Wellington / Victoria, orther than that they used to divide the course into a Bachelor of Architectural Technology (3 years), followed by a couple of years of architecture. They moved into nice new digs in a lively part of downtown Wellington about a decade ago, but I don't know much else. Maybe contact the Architecture Centre in Wellington (linked on this site or google it) for their thoughts if no one responds to this post.
  • ron mcbeth
    edited January 1970
    @all.....Would you be a lecturer in faculty of Architecture at Auckland Univ?