This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

australian housing statistics

Tom Singleton
edited October 2006 in architecture
i am doing reasearch on australian housing and looking for information regarding the how many houses are designed by architects, developers, privately or other. in other words staistical type housing information based on who designed them... any suggestions of where to look would be very much appreciated

Comments

• audrieau
    edited January 1970
    I would imagine the Institute of Architects would have that sort of thing. Or a government department such as the Dept of Housing.
  • kdaveson
    edited January 1970
    Off the top of my head, architects account for 1-2% of housing design Australia wide, but I'd definitely agree with audrieau's advice to confirm that with the RAIA. The HIA (Housing Industry Association) and the BDAA (Building Designers Association of Australia) might also be useful sources of information. If all else fails, you might be able to drag some useful information out of REIA (Real Estate Institute of Australia), or even the good old ABS.

So many acronyms, so little time!
    Good luck