This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

working time

elisa kouloumenta
edited September 2006 in architecture
Is really any certain working time for architects? Can we work from 9 to 5 and then stop? Is that possible?We need freedom to think, to inspire and to produce. What kind of conditions do you have?

Comments

• peter_j
    edited January 1970
    9 to 5.30. I remember that (vaguely) from when I was on salary. Since I've worked for myself the edges of work and play have blurred a lot and I very rarely am out of here before 6pm. But I'm enjoying what I'm doing more. Very hard to get the right balance, especially dealing with the peaks and troughes of a typical year in a small practice.
  • FBE Rocks
    edited January 1970
    People in china often work till 1030 without overtime. do we get overtime in australia?

When something needs to be done it needs to be done.
  • dav_
    edited January 1970
    8:30 to 4:30...or 7:30 to 4:30 or 7:30 to 6:30...FBE is right. when its on, its on, but there is a point where it get ridiculous; and you can't make decent architecture if you're not involved in the world around you as well. oh, and i'm not sure about this over time that you speak of. never heard of it before...over-time. interesting. wonder what it is? ;)