This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

Drawing Technofilia vs Technophobia

ron mcbeth
edited July 2007 in architecture
100%photorealistic?
What role freehand sketching?
Client preferences?
Architect to architect to technitian to consultant preferences?
Skills not taught because the teacher wasn't taught?

etc etc.....what say you?

See also my post in "Notices" about working for FREE!

I note UME mag uses freehand a lot, part of their "house" image? Seems inviting, user friendly.
http://www.umemagazine.com/issues.aspx

Comments

• dandharma
    edited January 1970
    mixture of hand drawn and high-res renders.

we have some guys here just tracing over line plots, scanning the trace and then color up in photoshop or illustrator

Any more plans on that Melbourne trip Ron?
  • ron mcbeth
    edited January 1970
    mixture of hand drawn and high-res renders.

Yeah, personally love the hand drawn basic image style but have you tried "live tracing" in Illustrator direct from CAD and then manipulate and render with PShop/Illust?

Would love some CAD mages of contemporary design/construction drawings to play around with to see if it can be done, without going through TIFF scan etc.

cheers
  • ron mcbeth
    edited January 1970
    dandharma wrote:
    Any more plans on that Melbourne trip Ron?

No interest from down south even from the Vic RAIA for freehand classes so been thinking I'll take personal trip late 2007 and have a "get-together" with similar souls, explore Dandinongs, goldfileds etc - been decades - should find a bit to draw!