TED is proud to offer ten (10) awards of $10,000, coming out of the $100,000 TED Prize award, for local projects likely to spur the creation of the City 2.0. All applications must be submitted by May 15 to be considered. All shortlisted projects will be contacted for phone or video interviews. The awards may be handed out on a rolling basis, with all 10 awarded by and announced at TEDGlobal (end of June 2012).
In addition to the application, each member of the project group must create a profile on thecity2.org and one member must add the project as an idea. We encourage you to invite more members of your community to create profiles and to join the idea.
1. Projects should be based on creative ideas that can be replicated and spread to other cities.
2. A group of people, rather than just an individual, must be committed to the project. We encourage cross-disciplinary teams and will favor organizing groups that actively engage residents in their work.
3. Unproven concepts with a strong action plan are welcome. Our goal is to help people experiment and think big.
4. Projects that have already begun are eligible for the award. In fact, evidence of progress already made is a benefit.
5. All projects, whether successful or not, will need to report back to us on their progress and findings. Details will be provided to winners directly.
6. All projects must fit reasonably under one of the City 2.0 categories presented in the wish: inclusive, innovative, healthy, thriving, or soulful. You can learn more about what type of projects fit under these categories by looking at the ideas page (and using the filter) on thecity2.org.
Read more at the AWARD ENTRY FORM.