This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

[ACT] 2050 National Forum - 15-17 November

yengen
edited October 2007 in events
2050’ is an incorporated not-for-profit association of like-minded young built environment professionals dedicated to a more sustainable built environment. Our mission states “2050 exists to drive national initiatives towards a more sustainable Australia with passion, commitment, and youthful energy”. ‘2050’ is supported by the Royal Australian Institute of Architects, the Planning Institute of Australia and the Property Council of Australia.

Our target demographic is built environment professionals between the ages 21-35 with a passion for sustainable built environments – town planners, urban designers, architects, developers, quantity surveyors, engineers, project managers, landscape architects, surveyors, builders, lawyers, valuers etc.

The 2050 National Forum is to be conducted in Canberra 15-17 November, and registrations are now open on the website http://www.2050.org.au/. The topic for this years discussion is ‘Leaders of Change’ and discussions will focus on how to get ‘sustainable built environments’ on to political agendas, particularly at the National level with elections looming. The 2050 National Forum will ... “inspire leadership in our Built Environment”. The Forum is about….

- gaining knowledge from other built environment professionals across Australia
- networking with other professionals and forming alliances between like minds
- examining the political landscape we must enter to influence decisions and future directions in the built environment profession
- set a clear Strategic Direction for ‘2050’ in the year 2008 and beyond

The program is currently being finalised, however, speakers will include David Parken, RAIA; Di Jay, PIA; Neil Savery, Chief Planning Executive for the ACT Planning & Land Authority; Michael Zorbas, General Manager of Government Relations for Stockland; Brendan Smyth MLA (Canberra liberals); etc, etc.

Membership to 2050 is FREE and all are welcome to join the ever growing list of professionals interested in this cause.

Comments

• simon seasons
    edited January 1970
    Yay! An Architectural movement. Excuse my indelicate rant about Delphin Lend Lease's proposed monstrosity, but it is sooooo infuriating to see the lack of imagination rampant upon the landscape in this country. I wrote of my complaint re 'Lockerbie' (Lockerbie disaster mark 2) in the 2050 forum with the hope that others there, if they haven't already done so , will run with it as is the want of youth and vigour. I am old at 42 it seems but I am more than happy to endorse new youth (maximum of 35 years old please, according to the 2050 website) in thier efforts to create a sustainable future out of building stock.
    I am first and foremost an artist and my age and denomination have nothing to do with the concern I hold for future generations. I hereby swear, again, that I will do my utmost towards the creation of a brighter realistic sustainable future for my childrens children. My teenage daughter swears the same thing. She want to work towards that in the fields of medicine. I want to do it the fields of architecture, design and the built enviroment. That which is created with the human hand guided by my concern for my fellows here and now and yet to come.
    My best wishes to the brave and felicitious youth of 2050. May your conference be well attended and effective in the halls of power.