I urgently need some advice. Your time would be more appreciated than you think. I have viewed all the discussion on butterpaper and thought that I would definitely find some advice.
Im aiming the Architecture industry and looking at doing an Architectural Draughting Course in South Africa. Im not sure I know exactly what Architecture Industry is all about.
This is what I do know:
Architect: * Someone planning and designing of buildings, and participates in supervising the construction of a building. An architect's decisions affect public safety, and thus an architect must undergo specialized training consisting of advanced education and an internship for practical experience to earn a license to practice architecture. Architecture is a business in which technical knowledge, management, and an understanding of business are as important as design.
Architectural Draughtsman: * Draftsperson is a person skilled in drawing. Many modern draughtsman use computer aided design (CAD) software to produce drawings. The 'skill' is to draw complex instructions precisely and accurately. The 'art' is to arrange that information in a beautiful, eye pleasing way. When combining these two factors and you have accurate drawings that are easy to use.
What Im not sure about and what I want to know:
1. I am under the impression that the one is dependant from the other one:
Without the ideas of the Architect, the Draughtsman wont have anything to work on. Then again, without the Draughtsman the Architect wont be able do proceed with the design / development
Am I on the right track?
2. By obtaining an Architectural Draughting certificate, would I be able to work my way up as an Architect without going to University?
3. I know having a degree is better. But would I get a job more likely on my title or my excellence/experience?
4. Is Architecture a combined concept of Interior Architecture, Interior Design and Architectural Draughting ? (This question almost follows up question 2 above.)
5. Is there a market for Architects / Architectural Draughtsman in the future?
I know what Architecture is about and the value of it. I just want to know if it is a certain part of architecture it is that Im after or if its just Architecture overall that interests me. I would like to hear you opinion of my idea:
I have to start somewhere and would this Architectural Draughting course be a reasonable start to see if I really want to go in the Architecture industry? If not do you prefer something else, I am open to any suggestions.
I want to thank you for your time. I know this busy world consists of heavy schedules for each individual out there. So thank you, once again.