This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

help : waterfront recreation

neel
edited July 2005 in Q and A
Hi friends,

I am at the start of my thesis. I am more intrested in entertainment, and thus thought of waterfront recreation as the topic.
Here in Hyderabad(india), there are many lakes that have many recreational spaces. But, they are not connected, or I can put it as, different activities in different spaces. Most of the space is used as a park and it doesn't have any specific activity going on around it.
In my topic, I thought of a space having a group of activities and having a limitation WATERFRONT. Such as a public gathering space, exhibition space, an open space for outdoor live shows, cultural center, space for night life, etc.
I am a bit confused, and am unable to freeze my topic. I am more thinking in an urban context (a new thing in metropolitan life style). So, please help me in finding a way out. Any examples anywhere which may fit to my topic, so that I can get a idea how to go about the topic.
Please, even sugest any activities other than the above ones which can be a part of the space, and reply to me as fast as possible.
Thanks!
neel

Comments

• Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    How about housing the homeless and employing the poor. Or both?
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    I can see the reply now. 'Oh, it's a very complex issue'. 'Services exist but the poor and illiterate......'. The best one is 'You Australians are either ignorant or hypocritical........'
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    So living in the so called "3rd world" means an architect should only work for the poor?
    Why can't Hyderabad have a good waterfront too? And what social responsibilty do Australian architects ever feel?
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    Bloke, you have proven Guest right..............
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    point being?
  • Anonymous
    edited January 1970
    Point being Mark has also proven Guest right....