This is an archive. The forum is not taking new registrations or allowing new discussion, despite what the buttons might suggest.

reviews of this site

Always interesting to come across reviews of butterpaper when trawling the web. This one at the University of Sydney says the pages are too overloaded with info to make much sense.

"It is just way to consuming and demanding of the user to have the ability to take in all the information provided. In a sense it is wasting a lot of good useful information through overload." They also criticise the need to scroll down the pages.

Very good to get the criticism, even though I had to journey far to find it. My response would be that compared to the amount of time invested in building each page (compared to you normal auto-generated we-want-your-$ website), I shouldn't worry too much about forcing the user to reach out to their mouse in order to scroll down the page, and then read it. It's my little bit in the fghts against obesity and illiteracy.