Phyllis Murphy, a Melbourne architect who practiced with her husband John from the 1949 till the early ’80s, talks us in this Culture Victoria video through the world of Victorian wallpaper, a passion of hers.
John and Phyllis Murphy’s major project was complete just seven years after their graduation from the University of Melbourne: The Olympic Pool (1956), with Kevin Borland, Peter McIntyre and Bill Erwin. Wikipedia entry
The pool, now unfortunately called the Westpac Centre, is one of the ten buildings featured in the new iPhone/iPad app, The Sound of Buildings, which provides a nice sequence of construction photos.
A house designed by the Murphys is for sale in Strathalan, Camperdown.
Posted by Peter on 23.07.11 in architects and heritage
Commenting is closed for this article.